RSS
Hello! Welcome to Home Cinema News. You can find any number of movie reviews, product reviews, and industy announcement here.

The Cinemascope dilemma


When I initially bought my projector and screen, I was under the impression that most movies that said widescreen were 16:9. So that is what I bought. An Elite Silver Frame. Its a great screen and I love it, but after hooking everything up, and enjoying numerious movies, Im starting to realize most of the newer movies are 2.35:1(Cinemascope). So after spending all that money, I end up with black bars still.

Before I go out and buy another screen, Ive been thinking about building my own with 1x4’s and some blackout cloth. I don’t have an dedicated home theater, and the 2.35:1 wont fit great where the other one was, but I really want to watch the movies in that larger format. What’s a guy to do?

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Home Cinema News. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates