RSS
Hello! Welcome to Home Cinema News. You can find any number of movie reviews, product reviews, and industy announcement here.

Movie Review --- I am Legend (***)


I Am Legend is yet another remake of Richard Matheson's 1954 novel of the same name. Other ramakes include 1964's THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, and Charlton Heston in 1971's OMEGA MAN.
This is pretty much a Will Smith one man show, or a one man one dog show.
I had high hopes for this movie when I heard it was coming out. I am a big fan of movies where there is pretty much one actor doing the whole thing (like Tom Hanks in Castaway).
After seeing the previews I was worried they were going to turn this into a CGI Zombie flick. I was pleasantly surprised, the zombie weren't overdone at all.
Will Smith did a great job, and this movie was a great vehicle for his talents. It allowed him to show a full range of emotions, from joy, anger, lonliness to sorrow.
Im a real sucker for happy endings so I didnt care much for the ending in the theaters. The dvd has an alternate ending that I liked alot better. See it below

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Home Cinema News. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates